Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Know your markets

Advertising usually tells you what market is being targeted. Sometimes it doesn't seem to be flattering.

I was listening to The Edge 96.1 - a radio station here in Sydney playing the best of new hip hop and rap, meaning whatever was popular 3-6 months ago in the US, but occasionally they get it right and I've always had a soft spot for some good hip hop.

For once I didn't change stations when the ads came on and I found the advertising for the market was very telling. At least I'm assuming so.

First we had one for debt consolidation, once for the hire of performance cars for weddings and formals, one for performance enhancement for men in bed, one for easy qualifications training and one for low and no doc home loans for those with bad credit history.

Now I'm not a demographer or anything but I think I have found the typical listener advertisers are going for here :


I loves the hippity hops!




No comments:

Post a Comment