Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Weekend


Weekend.

A great weekend - Saturday sat happy and lazy at home, enjoying opening up the house to some warmer weather and just getting small stuff done. 



Sunday saw us at Costco before church - and the place was packed.

I know it's a growth zone and people will travel to buy in bulk, but it always stoked me as amazing as people only come out with 6 different products and $200 lighter in the pocket. Now I'm not saying it isn't worth it - 200 garbage bags isn't going to go off for a million years or so. But you do look at the dude buying the 5kg cake and think 'wow, I hope you have a lot of friends or a good doctor/plumber'.

Good luck, kid, and enjoy the diabetes right?

Also funny is the purchasing choices between myself and my wife. I love specials and buying everything up front while my wife loves the don't buy until we needed it a week ago school of thought. A compromise saw us with a years worth of toilet paper it seems but I may be paper towel-less in the future. 


Well that image search was easy. 


Also saw the Lego movie on the Apple TV (or it is iApple iTV?) which was great - someone had a great sense of the ridiculous and didn't mind going there. Combine this with a few witty screen writers and some great voice acting from Will Arnett, Will Ferrell, Alison Brie and Liam Neeson and you have a very funny time. 



Everyone seemed to have a good time and sense of humour about the entire thing (as much as you can tell from scripted and edited voices), which seems to permiate through this movie and make one of the few non Pixar films to delight young and old that I've seen for a while (Kung Fu Panda being the other exception).

Rating : 4.5/5 - Almost perfect in pitch and tone throughout and brilliant use of the lego range and script - it just got a bit messy in the end for the obligatory multi shot super fight scene with everyone involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment