Friday, July 25, 2014

Life.

Well, I've had a couple of interesting days at the crossing near my work. Two days ago I was reading my phone just before crossing, then started to cross, when a car flashes its lights at me and then pulls up in the centre of the road. To add to the fun, it is a one lane street in one direction, so this guy has blocked all traffic. 

He then proceeds to get out of the car, come across to where I am, hands me his phone and asks me to turn on the GPS to direct him to a street nearby. 

 Being startled, I didn't proceed to ask him what on earth he was doing, or who he thought I was (was I wearing a shirt that said IT nerd?) but I found apple maps, turned it on and then he took the phone and left without a word, got back into his car he had left idling in the middle of the road, and took off. Strange man.

The day after, same crossing, same time, different result - instead of someone stopping, it was someone who didn't want to. I got to the crossing and started to walk across when I saw another car coming. Well, not a car - one of the pretend utes people buy that is all engine and extra moulded tray space and no actual wear and tear or rear view visibility. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/proxy/AVvXsEg8vDUR8FUtiHK-MojIWmYXfNRm2vyx2jv2Ruu5-N7gvQTycaCus0_mJKBz_SBoLCkcIA_TFMP8tygH39HZSLRg3e1RSKMG-J4tvaIEUz4AE5bqzMXoSahZUysTDrRNBwg98qebE7jEfPnlG0j8lGst72EU6U1CfDvQVxoH4ECf8CsyQ7h_uZo=s0-d-e1-ft

You know what I'm talking about.

 

So this guy sees me starting to cross, and we start the 'who is going to stop game' - he accelerates then brakes then accelerates again as I react by stopping, starting, then stopping. We do the dance for a bit more, I eventually dash across and then he takes off into the distance like the King's messenger. By his expression, if his car could have let a token of his appreciation in my way as a horse can, he would have done so. 

 

I know, the small stuff isn't worth sweating, but it is unusual that twice in 2 days I've had strange encounters.

 

Today I parked somewhere else. No problems. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment